Procedure to Upload an Excel Sheet on Joomla Website
Joomla content management system allows site owners to display an Excel sheet or a part of it for viewing purpose only. So you too cam upload information stored in Excel sheets for users. You don’t have to rewrite those in your web content. This blog post will help you upload and view data stored in an Excel sheet on your Joomla websites.
Things to Do Before Uploading the Excel File
- Open up the excel sheet you wish to upload on your Joomla website
- Highlight the part which you wish to display on the website
- Save the workbook you just created
- Next save the workbook again as a web page
- Create a new folder on the server
- Now upload the web page you just created into the folder
Things to Do After Uploading the Excel File
- Log in to the Joomla backend after entering the correct credentials
- Create a new Menu item in the Joomla Menu manager
- Select the type as Wrapper type
- Name the menu item and enter the URL for the uploaded file in the field provided
- Click the ‘Save and Publish’ button to save the changes made
Once you save the changes made, preview the site and check whether you can view the Excel sheet or not. If you are unable to view the part of the Excel file you desire to showcase in the website; then follow the steps once again. Ensure whether you have saved the excel file in the proper format or not and whether the URL to the file uploaded is correct.
But if you still face difficulties in showcasing the Excel file in your Joomla website; then Request a Quote. Our team of Joomla experts will assist you and fix any possible bugs/errors in the website.
Apart from Joomla assistance and error fixing, we also specialize in Joomla website and extension development. We offer the best PSD to Joomla and HTML to Joomla template conversion services to clients worldover at reasonable price. Check our extensions store for useful extensions.