There are many rules when it comes to CV. Your resume has to be easy-to-read, well-structured and filled with all important information. You have to represent your skills in the most preferable way. Moreover, you have to place here your personal data and mention previous places of employment. And you have to place all this information in a compact way.
Many professionals claim that your resume has to be eye-catchy. Most employers pay approximately 10 seconds to average CV. After this time employer decides whether you right for some job. If you failed to impress an employer in this short period of time then your chances to get a new job to reduce significantly. This is why your CV must be well-structured. It must highlight your most important data and skills.
Yet, there are some important points:
Table of Contents
- It is a common practice to put your Personal Data on top of your CV. Obviously, you have to introduce yourself to your employer. May be important to mention your age or marital status.
- Skills. It is probably the most important part of any CV. This is the part where you have to present yourself in the best possible way. It is important to mention all your skills and put it in the correct order. It is your chance to highlight your best side and present yourself as a professional. But beware to use redundant text and explanations. Keep in mind the 10 seconds rule.
- Work experience. It is one more important step in getting a better job for you. You have to present your work experience and provide an employer with additional information about you. It may be wise to make an accent on your previous position and responsibilities. This point is a good option in case you want to create an atmosphere of trust. Yet, do not forget that it is easy for hire manager to check everything you write.
- Education. Your degree can tell a lot about you. This bullet is not that much important compared to a Skills bullet. But you have to mention your education. Without this bullet, you are losing important data and possibility to highlight yourself.
- Knowledge of languages. In modern times people tend to learn more and more. For some job offers, it is required to know a certain language or even a few. Even if language knowledge is not required, it will boost your chances for employment. It will present you as an educated and capable person.
- Computer skills. Such skills are must-have for the modern employee. And you have to show that you know how to use modern devices. If it is required, of course.
- Interests and other activities. Tell more about yourself, you are a human after all. It is also important to know how sociable you are.
These are the most important points of any CV. Yet, depending on your place of employment, your CV may have different structure and additional bullets. It may take time to learn about them and design a good resume from scratch. This is why we present you these Best Printable Resume Templates for Successful Interview. You will find different types of CVs for various places of employment.