Best eCommerce for Joomla
Ever since the rise in popularity of Joomla CMS, the desire to design ecommerce websites using Joomla, has also doubled. It’s a common practice among web developers to opt for VirtueMart and rightly so. Choosing the right eCommerce platform for Joomla is a vital part of planning. E-commerce for Joomla using Tienda and redShop are not that effective at present and are mostly overshadowed by strong community driven projects, rich set of extensions and detailed configuration manuals.
Follow these steps to develop a Joomla eCommerce website:
- Download VirtueMart: Free versions of VirtueMart are available and download the latest version for Joomla.
- Install VirtueMart: Login to the Joomla backend. Upload and install it just like any extension.
- Configure Store: After installing, a store is created by configuring of that store needs to be done. Goto Components>> VirtueMart and setup the store:
- Create main settings
- Create categories
- Add products to store Link the store: By creating a new menu item, link the created store. Choose menu item type to be VirtueMart.
- Check store: Ensure that the store is properly functioning. Check whether the downloadable contents are actually being downloaded, payment options are implemented correctly etc.
Creating and configuring a store needs expertise, otherwise these steps would seem intimidating for some. If you are in need of a ecommerce portal for your Joomla website and are unable to do so, then fell free to request a quote. We can help you with configuring VirtueMart shopping cart for your website or design a complete ecommerce website from scratch.