How to Make Published Joomla Articles Non Searchable
Joomla content management system allows content writers to manage the site’s content easily. They can create, edit and even delete articles from the Article Manager section. But is it possible to make a published article non – searchable from the com_search component in Joomla? Yes, Joomla allows site managers to tamper with the search component easily and hide articles from the inbuilt search. This tutorial will let you know how you can make a published Joomla article non searchable.
Easy Steps to Make a Published Joomla Article Non- Searchable
- Log in to the Joomla backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Joomla Administrator, go to Article Manager
- Look for the article you wish to hide from the search component
- Open the article and change its category to ‘Uncategorized’
- Next, go to the ‘Plugin Manager’
- Choose the ‘Search – Content’ plugin
- Click No in the Uncategorized articles radio button
This is the most recommended method to make published articles non searchable in Joomla websites. In order to do so, you have to place the article in the ‘Uncategorized’ section. But, all the articles within this section will be non-searchable too. So make sure that you put the articles you wish to search using com_search component in their proper categories.