Joomla Traffic Tips – Bring a Crowd to Your Website
Joomla has been downloaded about 30 million times, as on March 2012. It is the second most used content management system over the Internet. So undoubtedly a large chunk of active websites are running on Joomla CMS.
Having said that, there may be cases when your competitors might be using the same CMS and reaping the equal benefits. To have an edge over the other websites, you need to deploy additional tools and think of ways to drive traffic to your Joomla website or blog.
This blog post is all about Joomla traffic generation techniques and how you can outsmart other websites. Use the following Joomla traffic tips to draw viewers, clients and advertisers to your site.
Why Your Website is Getting Less Hits & How to Draw Joomla Traffic – A Complete Analysis
- Get Rid of Old Joomla Version – If you wondered how an old copy of Joomla can affect your website traffic flow, then you are wrong. Infact older Joomla versions are less search engine friendly. And we know proper search engine optimization makes a website noticed in search engines. So to drive traffic to your website, upgrade your Joomla website.
- Avoid Your Site from being hacked – Additionally, older Joomla versions are prone to frequent hacks and threats. Occasional hacks are unavoidable. But if your website is susceptible to frequent hacks and a malware persists for a longer time, then Google may delist your Joomla site completely. So ensure Joomla site security and check Google webmasters for malwares.
- Joomla Website is too slow – Slower Joomla websites is a major reason why your Joomla website doesn’t have a higher conversion rate. You need to reduce your bounce rate considerably. And you can do this by removing unnecessary plugins, optimizing images, minifying CSS and codes. For more detailed Joomla speed improvement, Request a Quote.
- No Sitemap in Joomla website – Sitemaps are files containing list of web pages present in the website. These files are accessible to users and search engine bots. Explicitly having a link for sitemap in the website’s footer or header, can improve your chances of more page views. And yes, do not forget to submit your sitemap in all major search engines and not just Google. Submit sitemaps in Yahoo, Bing, AOL and Baidu for driving more Joomla traffic.
- Other Tips for More Joomla traffic – There are some other traffic generation tips which are very common and yet provide good results. Although most of these are very well known, still we thought of including them for a complete extensive list for Joomla traffic generation.
- Make your website easy to navigate and have a good design
- Ensure that your Content-to-Code ratio is high
- Update your website frequently, if not daily
- Write original, viral and informative content for readers
- Do not change your permalink structure frequently
- Make all unimportant links and external links no-follow
- Link articles and pages internally for more hits
- Use URL canonicalization and 301 redirects
- Implement all healthy white hat Joomla SEO techniques
- Remove all 404 pages
Traffic generation is a gradual process and if your Joomla website is new then it will take time to get desired traffic. But following the above tips will help you drive a crowd to your website or blog instantly and for longer period of time.
Overwhelmed with all these Joomla traffic tips, hire a professional Joomla SEO today at affordable price. The first 10 clients, Get an exclusive Joomla SEO extension from us, FREE of cost. HURRY!!!