How to Setup & Integrate Your Magento Store with Google Checkout
Magento Go allows integration of online stores with Google Checkout. Google Checkout like PayPal is a worldwide payment processing system. This tutorial will help you setup and integrate your Magento store with Google Checkout. But before that customers need to have a Google Checkout Merchant Account. You can get all the information for opening a Google Checkout Merchant Account from its official website.
You will need – Merchant ID and Merchant Key. You can get them in your Google Checkout Account. Go to Settings > Integration
Steps to Setup & Integrate Magento Store with Google Checkout
The following steps will help store managers to setup and integrate Magento store with Google checkout.
- Log in to your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select System > Configuration
- From the Configuration Panel on the left, under Sales, select the Google API tab
- Click on the Google API tab to expand and carryout the following steps:
- Set Enabled to Yes inorder to activate this payment method
- Enter an identifiable name in the Title field
- Set Sandbox to Yes to test the integration of Magento Go with Google API. On successful testing, do not forget to set it to No. This means the payment method is in production or live mode.
- Set Secure Callback URL to Yes, inorder to enable real time secure transmission of order information from your Magento Go to the payment processing system of Google.
- Set Debug to Yes to record the details of all the exchanges between your Magento store and the Google checkout payment system in a log file.
- Enter the following information from your Google Checkout merchant account:
- Merchant ID: This option is found on Google Checkout website at Settings > Integration
- Merchant Key: This is a unique code that Google uses to secure communication between Google and your Magento store.
- From the available list, choose a Checkout Image Style
- From the list of available options, choose the Location for Google checkout
- In the New Order Status field, specify how you want the processed orders to be identified. This option does not set any limitations on the transactions. It’s just for identification purpose only.
- Specify a Continue Shopping URL where customers will be redirected to when they click on the continue shopping link. This is an optional field. If left blank, it by default redirects to your Magento store’s homepage.
- Set Hide Cart Contents to Yes, if you wish to hide shopping cart contents after the Google checkout button is clicked. The shopping cart contents will once again get visible to the customer only when he/she clicks on Edit Cart.
- Set Disable Default Tax Tables to Yes if your checkout request is being cut off because it’s too big
- Inorder to use the shipping rates from your Google account, set Enable using shipping rates from Google Account to Yes
- On completion, click the Save Config button to save the changes made
If you are unable to integrate Google checkout in your Magento store, then Request a Quote. Our team of Magento professionals will assist you in the process.