How to Create Custom Magento Variable for Your Online Store
Custom Magento variables are movable pieces of text or HTML code, which are useful for adding custom text in online stores. Once the custom Magento variables are created, store owners can use it any number of times and anywhere within the Magento run website. This tutorial will help you in creating and implementing custom Magento variables in your shopping cart.
Easy Steps to Create Your Custom Magento Variable
- Log in to your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel select System > Custom Variable to view the defined variables
- Click the [Add New Variable] button to redirect to the custom variable page in Magento CMS
- Fill up the following details in the custom variable page:
- Variable Code: Enter an identifier in the variable code. Do not include capital & space
- Variable Name: Give a name to the custom variable for reference
- Variable HTML Value: Enter the required content using basic HTML tags.
- Variable Plain Value: You can also use plain text if you are uncomfortable with HTML tag
- Click Save to save the changes made
Implement Custom Magento Variable into a Transactional Email
- In the Admin Panel, select System > Transactional Emails
- Click [Add New Template] button to create a new template or click edit a predefined template
- Select a location for the custom Magento variable in the Template Content field
- Click [Insert Variable] and choose the custom Magento variable you would like to insert
- Click the Preview Template to view the changes made before saving
- Next, click the [Save template] to save the changes
If you are unable to create your own Magento variable, then Request a Quote.