How to create a Joomla 2.5 poll module:
We have already walked you through for installing AcePolls and creating your first poll in Joomla 2.5. Our next step will be to display the poll on your website for which first we need to create a module for that poll, and then we have to assign the module to a specific position. Here is a detailed guide on how to create a joomla 2.5 poll module.
Creating an AcePolls poll module in Joomla 2.5:
- Log into your admin Joomla dashboard
- Get the ID number of the poll you want to show
- Next hover over to the Components >>ACEPolls and the Click Polls. Then take note of the Id number that is listed next to the polls that you want show on your Joomla 2.5 site. (see screenshot below)
- Gain go to the top menu, hover over to Extensions and click Module Manager
- Then click New in top right menu
- From Select a Module Type list, click ACEpolls screenshot
- Fill all the details of your module as:
- Title- Enter a title for the Module
- Position- Select a position for the module
- Poll ID- Under Basic Options, set the Poll ID to the id you took note of in step 2.
Then click on save and close. Now when you visit your Joomla 2.5 site you can see an ACEPolls in the position where you have selected.