How to Add New Products List in Magento Front Page
Magento lets site managers to create a new list of products and display it on the website’s home page for promotions. This list of products will be dynamically pulled out from your product catalog. The code that decides which products are to be listed is decided by the Frontend App tool.
This tutorial will be helpful in creating and adding such dynamic list of products in your Magento store.
Steps to Add a New Instance of the App in Magento Stores
- Log in to your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select CMS > Frontend Apps
- Inorder to open the editor, click the Add New Frontend App Instance button
- Select Catalog New Products List, from the Type list box
- Click Continue
- Enter the name/ title for the new product list app, in the Frontend App Title box
- Select each store views in which the new product will be available in Assign to Store Views list
- In the Sort Order box, enter a no. to determine order in which the list appears to other items
- Click the Save or Save and Continue button to save the changes made
How to Place the List on Your Store’s Home Page
- Click the Add New Update button to place the app on the page(s) you wish to add to
- Fill up the following fields in the Layout Updates section:
- Display On: Set to Specified Page
- Page: Set to CMS Home Page
- Block Reference: Set to Main Content Area
- Template: Set to New Product Lists Template
- Click the Save or Save and Continue Edit button to save the changes made
Use the above tutorial for creating and adding a new products list in your home page. Our next tutorial will deal with how you can configure this list in Magento run online stores.