Magento is a complete and powerful eCommerce CMS which allows a number of payment methods for the customers. One such method is the Cash on Delivery (COD) method. In this method, the customer is allowed to place an order in the Magento run an online store and he/ she has to make the payment only when the product is delivered.
But using the various options that Magento offers, store managers can set different parameters for availing the COD mode of payment. They can set a minimum or maximum value for which COD is applicable, set it for a limited type of customers and specific countries as well.
This tutorial will guide you on how to enable the COD payment method in Magento online stores.
Steps to Enable Cash on Delivery Payment Method in Your Magento Stores
- Log in to your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select System > Configuration
- In the Configuration Panel on the left, select the Payment Methods tab under Sales
- Click to expand the Cash on the Delivery section.
Under the COD section, carry out the following steps:
- Set Enabled to Yes in order to activate this mode of payment
- Enter an identifiable title in the Title field, to identify this payment method during checkout
- Set New Order Status to Pending, so that the new orders remain in the pending state unless they are completely processed
- In the Payment from Applicable Countries field, select the countries where COD is applicable
- All Allowed Countries: Customers from all countries under the default countries list can use the COD mode of payment
- Specific Countries: Customers from a selected number of countries can use this payment mode. The selected list only appears after selecting this option.
- Inside the Instructions field, you can enter a list of instructions for the customers regarding COD
- In the Minimum Order Total field, specify the minimum total that qualifies for availing the COD mode of payment.
- In the Maximum Order Total field, specify the maximum total that qualifies for availing the COD mode of payment.
- Enter a numeric value in the Sort Order field to set the position of Cash on Delivery option in the list of payment methods which is displayed during checkout.
- On completion, click the Save Config button to save the changes you have made.
Are you looking for any Magento Development Services? We are a team of dedicated Magento developers who can help you with any Magento Services.