Steps to Transfer & Upload an Existing SSL Certificate
Every e-commerce sites need a security certificate, or more commonly referred as the SSL Certificate. It is a must for eCommerce sites. Magento CMS allows store managers to easily add SSL certificates (*.crt), SSL Key (*.key) and Certificate Authority (CA) files, using the upload SSL button in Account dashboard. This tutorial contains the detailed procedure to upload SSL Certificates in your Magento online stores.
How to Upload SSL Certificates in Magento Stores
- First of all get the SSL Certificate, SSL Key and Certificate Authority from your SSL Provider
- Log in to your Magento store after entering the correct credentials
- From the Account Dashboard, under the My Products and Services section, select Magento Go
- Next, click the Purchase SSL
- You will be prompted to complete the process. From the account dashboard, follow the prompts:
- Transfer an Existing SSL
- Purchase New SSL from Third Party
- Next, select Transfer an Existing SSL
- From the Account dashboard, you can Browse to the desired SSL files on your computer
- On selecting the proper SSL, click the Upload SSL button
The required SSL certificates will be uploaded. But if you are unable to upload them successfully, follow the above steps once again carefully.
How to Change Your DNS Settings
When the SSL Certificate is successfully approved and is duly processed, the following message appears:
Required – Configure your DNS settings to point to: x.x.x.x (IP address)
This step is to change the Record of your custom URL to point to the new IP Address.
- Follow the set of instructions provided by your domain registrar
- Click Confirm DNS Change to verify that the Record has been changed
On confirmation, your account dashboard displays the SSL type as, ‘Bring Your Own SSL’ and displays the status of the certificate.