By providing PayPal API credentials only, some PayPal solutions can establish a connection with the PayPal server. Plus, if you are residing outside the United States of America but still wish to use a PayPal Express Checkout or Websites payment Pro, you have to make use of PayPal API credentials. So in order to facilitate customers preferring to pay using PayPal, Magento run stores must set up and configure API Credentials.
This blog post is a guide for store owners and managers to configure PayPal API Credentials in their Magento shopping carts.
Easy Steps to Configure PayPal API Credentials in Your Magento Store
- Log in to your Magento Store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Magento Admin Panel, select System > Configuration
- In the Configuration Panel on the left, under Payment Methods, carry out one of the following steps:
- Click the Configure button, in the All-in-One Solutions section, for PayPal Payments Advanced
- Click the Configure button, in the Payment Gateways section, for PayPal Payflow Link
- Under Required Settings, scroll down to the Express Checkout section. Next, you need to provide the API credentials provided to you by PayPal –
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
Click the Get Credentials from PayPal button in order to retrieve the credentials from your PayPal account
- Click the Save Config button to save the changes made
The above simple steps will allow you to setup and configure PayPal API credentials in your Magento store. But if you are unable to successfully do it, then Request a Quote with us. Our support team will assist you in the process. You may also contact for other Magento related services as well.