How to Send Emails from Joomla Websites in MAMP
If you are using a Mac computer for your development purposes, MAMP is the suitable software bundle. The initial development of the website can be done with ease without the immediate need of a live server. But the only problem while developing Joomla websites using MAMP is it is not possible to send mails. So any functionality related to the mailing system like contact form, user registration and newsletter subscription is disabled.
Using this tutorial you can now send emails from your Joomla websites in MAMP.
- Stop all the MAMP servers
- Find and edit the php.ini file
- Next, search for ‘For UNIX only’ and change it from,
; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: “sendmail -t -i”). ;sendmail_path =
; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: “sendmail -t -i”).
sendmail_path =/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f firstname.lastname@example.org
- Replace email@example.com with your valid email ID
- Save the file and close it
- Open a terminal window and copy paste the following code
sudo mkdir -p /Library/Server/Mail/Data/spool
- Enter the root password when prompted
- Next, copy and paste the code in this text file, exactly as written
Test the Mail Delivery
- Restart MAMP once again
- Load your Joomla website
- Test a mail function
This tutorial is surely not for Joomla beginners, but if you are successful then its fine. But if you are not, then follow the steps once again carefully or Request a Quote.