Remove Unnecessary Variable in Joomla Routing – How to Guide
Remove Unnecessary Variable in Joomla Routing
Cleaner URLs are not only appropriate from SEO point of view but also look good to the eye. A user can easily get to know what to expect from the site contents. So it is advisable to have clean URLs. You can remove unnecessary variables in Joomla routing by a number of ways.
How to Remove unnecessary Variables in Joomla Routing
Some of the best ways have been highlighted below. Follow anyone of the ways to remove unnecessary variable in Joomla routing.
- Create a menu item
- Look for the code in the component (index.php?option=blabla&view=blabla)
- Replace it with the following (index.php?Item=<menuitemid>)
- In component router’s parse route, mention the other condition ($vars)
By this way you can build a route to your component and remove unnecessary variable in Joomla routing.
Other Methods to Remove Unnecessary Variable in Joomla Routing
Instead of preferring the above method, you can also use any of the following methods to remove unnecessary variable in Joomla routing. If you still face any difficulty then request a quote.
- Insert one line of code in htaccess to have some nice URL
- Rename htaccess.txt to htaccess
- Use a SEF custom made extension
- Go to Global Configuration and click on the site tab. Check the SEO settings.