How to Preview a New Theme in Magento Stores
Magento is a popular content management system for eCommerce websites. Site owners can easily change the look and feel of the entire store simply by changing the theme. But before making the right choice a site owner has to preview a number of Magento templates. So previewing of themes in Magento store is made easy.
Previewing allows site owners to browse the store using the new theme without affecting the functionalities. You can also explore the each menu and option easily. In preview mode, a new window pops up and you can view the changes look of the store. If you wish you can discard the theme without saving it. This tutorial will help you how to effectively preview themes in Magento store and create a customization.
Steps to Preview a Magento Theme for Your Store
- Log in to the your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select Design > Themes Editor
- Next, click the Preview link below the thumbnail image of the theme
- To try a different theme select the theme’s name from the list & click Change Theme button
- Click the Quit Preview button on the top of the page to close the preview window
- Before you try a theme and edit it, make sure to make a copy of it. You can do it by:
- Click the Duplicate link below the thumbnail image of the theme you want to copy
- Enter a new Theme Name and Description if you wish.
- Click the Save button to save the changes made