How to Place a Block in a Magento CMS Page Sidebar
Magento Go allows site owners to place a block in the sidebar. If the Magento theme supports sidebars on both sides, just like the default theme, then you can place the content block in either of the two sidebars. By slightly tweaking the codes, you can position the block and control its position in relation to other blocks in the sidebar.
Steps to Place Magento Block in Sidebar
- Log in to your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select CMS > Pages > Manage Content
- Click to open your desired CMS page
- Select Design in the Page Information panel on the left
- Enter the following code in the right or left sidebar in the Layout Update XML box
- Click the Save Page button to save the changes made
If you are unable to place the Magento block correctly, then either follow the above steps once again carefully or Request a Quote with us. Our Magento team of developers will assist you in placing the blocks in your desired sidebar.