Navigate to Joomla Home Page Instead of Multi-media Page
In Joomla run websites, a site owner can add multimedia files to draw the attention of the visitor. These files can either be in the form of an auto play video or a music file. But replaying the multimedia file in the Joomla site each time a visitor visits the home page can be very annoying.
So it’s better to play the multimedia file only once. You can do this by creating a multimedia page and configuring it with the home page. But just configuring it with the MM page will result in playing of the multimedia file each time a visitor navigates to the home page. This blog post will help you how you can avoid this and update your Home page link.
Procedure to Navigate to Joomla Home Page Instead of the Multi-media Page
Follow the steps on how you can restrict multimedia files from playing every time a user visits the home page.
- Log in to the Admin panel after entering the credentials
- Go to Menu Manager
- Click the menu item
- Give it a unique name and title
- Leave Description and Module Title blank
- Save the changes made
- Click the radio button next to home
- Select Move
- Select the sub menu and move it
- Ensure that there is no Home item in Main menu & the sub menu is not visible
- Create a new Home link
- Navigate to Menu > Main Menu again
- Select ‘New’ and set menu item type ‘External link’
- Set the Alias and Title as Home
- Set the link to index.php and save the link
- Ensure that the Home link is now at the bottom of the Main Menu
- Now move your link to the top
Follow the above steps that will take visitors to the Joomla home page instead of the newly created multimedia page.