Lesser known facts about Magento
Magento, an ultimate feature-rich and professional platform which was launched in the year 2001 gives the traders flexibility and control over content, design, and running of an online store. The platform is great when it comes to catalogue management, powerful marketing and search engine optimization. In order to enhance the growing community of Magento developers, Magento has recently made a partnership with eBay. It holds the best technical support team, which has been appreciated by various sources. Magento has witnessed falls and growths in many ways and with more than a decade’s experience as a successful eCommerce platform has gained a better knowledge in the industry.
In a very short period, Magento has gained an attention in the world of ecommerce. Read through to know some lesser known facts about Magento. Given below are a few and lesser known facts that reveal its consistent popularity.
- Magento is a platform that empowers more than 150,000 online stores which includes brands like fox connect, Samsung, ford and is versatile and provides a flexible shopping solution. .
- In less than a year of start on, there has been more than 500,000 downloads and Google has revealed that the term “Magento” was searched more than the word “ecommerce”.
- According to the 2012 survey, Magento has been considered the most renowned ecommerce platform holding 31% of the market share and in the year 2011, eBay was successful in getting hold of Magento by offering $180 million
- There are nearly 400 Magento solution partners and it is found that Magento is used by 26% of the top 1 million websites.
- There is a fast growing Magento community which has 800,000 members till date.
Its few less known and mind-blowing features are:
- Admin Session Lifetime: Have you ever spent time editing a product description to find that after you click “Save” you’ve been timed out by the serve? This happens only because your Admin Session is set low.
- Customized themes: This allows you to create own sub-themes apart from the default themes
- Nested Static Blocks: Static Blocks are useful to simplify content updates by dividing up different types of data blocks.
- Exploit colours: It allows making changes in the background colours by applying textures and many more.
- Tier Pricing: Tier Pricing allows to price items differently for higher quantities. You can easily offer incentives for customers to buy in bulk with this useful promotional tool in Magento.
- Adjustable Product page: It customizes the product pages based on your needs.
- Product Alerts Notification: The Product Alert helps customers in getting notified about products.
- Brand logo: It helps in displaying an eye catching brand logo that can attract customers.
- Admin Actions Log: The Admin Actions Logging section allows choosing the actions one wants to record in the log file which can be helpful for diagnosing any issues.
- Fluid Products grid: It helps to modify the number of products you want to display in a row.
- Customer Group Pricing: Customer Group Pricing allows offering different prices to various groups of customers.
- Magento Enterprise: This version of Magento is ideal for those whose annual revenue would be ranging from $10 Million to $70 Million.
- Magento Go: This version is used by all kinds of micro to small sized business having annual revenue of $5 million to $10 million.
- Magento Community: This free edition of Magento is for beginners who want to explore in the world of ecommerce.