Joomla 1.7 to 2.5 Upgrade Tutorial
- Login to the backend of your Joomla 1.7 and go to the Extension Manager
- You will see a Update Tab in this page.
- At the top right of this page you will see a button called “Purge Cache” to see the message for upgrade.
- All the updates available for your joomla website will show up. Be sure that you will upgrade the Joomla Core 1.7 to Joomla 2.5 first
- Now click on the check box infront of Joomla 2.5.x and press the upgrade button at the top right of the page.
- Wait for a moment till it upgrades automatically : You may now end up with two outputs, either without errors if you are lucky enough or may have few errors, dont get shocked, the errors can be fixed.
- In Both Cases (!) go to a new Tab you see under the same Extension Manager called “Database” (yes…even if the system states ‘successful!’). Now you will either see a message that all is ok or a warning with a list of errors or missing DB entries.
- These we correct now by clicking the “FIX” button located in the Database Tab Top right corner!
If you face any issues with the upgrade, please as us for a paid Joomla Upgrade Services.