How to Insert Links in Magento Websites using Toolbar
Magento allows easy insertion of links in content pages. It gives content writers, three different options to insert a link. One such method has been described below. This tutorial will cover how to insert a link in Magento web pages, product page and content page using the inbuilt Magento toolbar.
Steps to Insert a Link in Magento Content using the Toolbar
- Log in to the Admin Panel after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, go to CMS > Static Blocks
- Inside the Static Blocks list, click to open the Footer Links block
- Position the insertion point at the end of one of the existing links
- Next, press the Enter key on your keyboard to insert a new line
- Type the text that you wish to appear in the link. Then drag to select the text.
- Inside the toolbar, click the Insert Link button
- Next, carryout the following steps:
- Inside the Link URL box, type the URL Key for the page
- Set Target to ‘Open in New Window’ or ‘Open in New Tab’
- Type the text you wish to see when you hover over the link inside the Title box
- Click the Save Block button to save the changes made
This is the most recommended way to insert a link using the toolbar. There are other ways to insert links as well. So if you are unable to insert them using the Magento toolbar, then either follow the above steps once again carefully or adopt a different method to insert them.