How to Insert Links in Magento Websites Using Frontend Apps
This tutorial is the second part of the three series tutorial for inserting a link in Magento websites. It will cover how to insert a link in content pages using the frontend apps. Follow the detailed steps given below.
Steps to Insert a Link in Magento Content using Frontend Apps
- Log in to your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, go to CMS > Static Blocks
- Inside the Static Blocks list, click to open the Footer Links block
- Next, click the Show / Hide Editor button, next to the Content field
- A new button called Insert Frontend App button will open up. Click on it.
- Set Frontend App type to CMS Page Link from the drop down menu
- Inside the Frontend App options section, carry out the following steps:
- Set Template to CMS Page Link Inline Template
- Next, click the Select Page button and choose the CMS page for the link
- Inorder to insert the code, click the Insert Frontend App button. The code will appear at the top of the content box but above the list. Carryout the following steps to include the link in the unordered list:
- Press Enter once to move the <ul> tag down to the next line
- Then, drag the cursor to select the new link code
- Press Ctrl + X to cut the selected code from the editor
- Position the insertion point on a blank line between the <ul> and </ul> tag, where you want to add the new link.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the code
- Inorder to complete the code, the link must be enclosed within <li> and </li> tags
- Place the insertion point at the beginning of the line and type the <li> tag
- Then, at the end of the line of code, type the closing </li> tag
- Next, click the Show / Hide Editor button to view the page links in the editor
- Click the Save Block button to save the changes made
On completion, return to the store and test the link. Ensure that the link navigates to the correct web page and the link is not broken.