How to use the Joomla 2.5 Language Overrides Tool
Joomla includes a new feature called Language Overrides that allows you to easily change these constants. Much of Joomla 2.5 runs off of language files. This language files to store values for commonly used words and phrases. Here we’ll show you how to change the value of that constant in the event you don’t want it to show or you want to change its value. So let us see how to use Joomla 2.5 language overrides tool.
To use the Joomla 2.5 Language Override tool
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Language Manager
- Click the Overrides Tab and then click New, see below as shown.
- Under the ‘Search text you want to change’, type in the text you want to edit and ensure that the value is selected or not and then click search as we have typed in ‘You are here’. In the search results, click on MOD_BREADCRUMBS_HERE, as this is the value we want to change.
- Next under Create a New Override, update the text to reflect what you want it to read as, In our situation, we don’t want the text to display at all, so we will delete all of the text. (Screenshots)
- Click Save and Close in the top right menu,and now view the page as shown.
If you still need any further assistance or can’t able to follow the various steps then Request a Quote with us. One of our support staff will be in touch with you as soon as you contact us and will provide the necessary details for further processing.