How to Unlock Locked Article in Joomla 2.5 Version?
When sometimes a Joomla 2.5 users try to open a locked article which you will see a locked icon file that you wish to edit it as Joomla locks the article files in order to prevent it from others from editing or attempting the same article at the same time. Here is how to Unlock Locked Article in Joomla 2.5 Version
There may be sometime that however the user that locked the article could not able to finish it and save the changes then at the same time you try to unlock the article so that you could change or edit the file once again. As sometimes these articles stick around and make it impossible to edit but there is a solution to fix this problem.
How do you know if an article is locked in Joomla 2.5?
- Log Into your Joomla dashboard in administration page
- In top menu ,hover over to Content and then click to Article Manager
- If you see any article with a lock symbol next to them as it indicates the article is locked.
How to Unlock a Single Article in Joomla 2.5
To unlock your article follow the above steps as shown ,then click on lock next to the article as a result this will unlock your article and also allow others to edit once gain.
How to globally unlock articles in Joomla 2.5
As sometimes lots of articles needed to be unlocked as to save time by unlocking all of them at once. The following steps are to be used and can be followed as shown below:
- First log in to your Joomla dashboard,
- Next in the top menu hover to Site then > Maintenance then click Global Check-in
- Give a check mark in the top left box as to select all the tables having all content to be unlocked and then click Check-in in top right menu.
As a result your articles will be unlocked in Joomla 2.5. Of course, if you need any further information, please contact us or Just send us the website details and Request a quote we will let you know the price.