How to manage product catalogue in Magento e-commerce?
The flexible catalogue system includes various options like import and export of products and for the display of items, Magento’s Core API allows for integration with existing back-office systems to make the management of the product catalogue even more efficient. How to manage the fully dynamic catalogue? The fully dynamic catalogue can be managed through the intuitive admistrative interface. Import and export your catalogue data and set up cross-sells, up-sells, and related products and manage products and categories in order to manage the product catalogue. So read through to know more on how to manage product catalogue in Magento e-commerce.
Product view optimization:
Sometimes a minor change to the design or content of a page can have a significant impact. A tracking script is installed on the original page in order to optimize the product page and then tests are conducted to determine which page produces a better response with different versions.
To install tracking script the following steps are followed:
- Select Catalogue > Manage Products on the Admin menu
- Click on the product you want to test to open
- Select Product View Optimization in the Product Information panel on the left.
- Paste the tracking code that was generated for the test in the experiment code box
- Click the Save button when completed.
The Product Information panel provides access to the full range of settings for product record. In the Product Information panel, the selection of tabs and the organization of the fields on each tab are determined by the attribute set which was used to create the product. This information in this can be used for reference while creating a product of any type.
The main product description appears on the product page in the catalogue, and depending on the theme the short description may be used in catalogue listings. This description fields are used to add information about the product. One can also use the editor to add HTML formatting to the description if permitted by the attribute properties.
Every product in the catalogue must be assigned to one category. The basic category structure of your catalogue must be established before building the product records.
The following steps are followed to create category:
- Select Catalogue > Manage Categories from the Admin panel
- Click to select the level that you want to be the parent of the new category in the categories panel on the left.
- Click on the Add Subcategory button
- Type the name of the category.
- Enter a paragraph or two of descriptive text in the description box
- Click the browse button to upload an image for the page at the image field
Product design and product prices:
The Prices tab on the Product Information panel establishes the pricing structure of a product. The options include unit pricing, special and tier pricing, and manufacturer’s suggested retail price. The Design tab is used to apply different theme to the product page, and make updates to the XML code that controls the page layout.
Creating URL Rewrites:
The URL Rewrite Management tool can be used to create rewrites for categories and products and custom rewrites for other pages .Any existing links that point to the previous URL are seamlessly redirected to the new address, when the rewrite goes into effect.