How to Link Joomla Articles with Existing Articles in 2.5 Version?
Joomla content management system allows inbound linking. It means you can link one or more articles with any article. This is beneficial when you need to link back to a previous relevant content. Mostly, for blogs this is a very handy feature. Bloggers and content writers can even improve their site traffic by linking Joomla articles with another article. This tutorial will help you in knowing how to Link Joomla Articles with Existing Articles in 2.5 Version.
Follow the steps given below to link a relevant article with your content:
Steps to Link Joomla Articles with Another Article:
- Log in to your Joomla backend after entering the correct credentials
- Click the Add New Article button, if you wish to compose a new article. But if you wish to link an existing article with another existing article, click on Article Manager, find the article and edit it.
- Click the Article button at the bottom of the article editor
- Using the Filter feature find the article you wish to link to. Click the article title to select it.
- Next you need to place the article link in the correct position. It is because, irrespective of where you had placed the cursor before selecting the article, the link will always be added in the beginning.
Plus, the link will always be in the following format even though you have activated the search engine friendly (SEF) feature or installed a third party plugin for it:
So these are some things you need to take care of while linking a Joomla article with another.
This is the easiest method to link an article with another Joomla article. But after you link the article make sure that the link is proper and is not broken. If you are unable to link it properly, request a quote with us. One of our Joomla support staff will be in touch with you in minutes and provide the necessary assistance to link your old Joomla articles with another article.