How to install a Joomla 2.5 plugin:
The plug-in we are testing, Facebook – Twitter – Google+1, which will automatically add the social media share buttons to our articles. Here now we’ll show you how to install plugin in Joomla 2.5.
Installing a Joomla 2.5 plugin:
- First download and install the plugin to your desktop.
- Then login to your Joomla dashboard
- In administration page at the top menu ,hover over to the Extensions and then click Extension Manager.(Screenshot)
- Then under Upload Package Manager, click on Browse and the find plugin that you have download in your computer.
- After clicking on the plugin name ,click open then upload and install it .(Screenshot)
- Next you will get a conformation message after the plugin has been uploaded and installed successfully. (Screenshot)
- Then next step is to enable our plugin as they are not enabled by default. Move to top menu hover over to Extensions and click Plug-in Manager.
- Then use the filter features to find your plugin and then click on the plugin listed below as in the screenshot.
- Next set the Status to Enable in the Plugin Manager Page, configure other available setting and then click save and close. (Screenshot.)
Now you can view your plugin install page in action.
The First image shows the Plugin before installation whereas the other shows the Plugin after installation.