Basically, useful information is presented in Joomla articles by the help of ordered and unordered lists. So, here is a guide for you on how to insert a list into an article.
- First of all, you need to open the desired article for editing. For this purpose, you can select the Content -> Article Manager Option for reaching the Article Manager, choose the desired article there and then elect the Edit toolbar option. Or else, you can also select the Add New Article option present in the Control Panel itself. Alternatively, if you are logged in to the front end, then you can select the Edit toolbar option directly, since you have the required permissions for accessing your desired article for editing purposes.
- Now, you need to put the cursor at the exact position where you are willing to add the list in the article.
- After that, you are required to select any one among the Ordered list or Unordered list editor toolbar option. Usually, the ordered list which is present by default comes with number 1 whereas the unordered list begins with a bullet point.
- Then, you need to enter the text for each and every line present in the list.
- After entering the text, you are required to type enter in order to develop a new line as well as bullet point.
- Finally, you need to type enter two times for completing the list or for beginning a new line and then select the Ordered or Unordered List editor toolbar option.
Important points to be noted:
- You can modify the list type portion by using the alternate button.
- The numbering will begin from 1 again in case you want to develop a new ordered list in your article at a later period of time.
- The Indent and Outdent editor toolbar options can be used for creating child lists. The type of these child lists can also be modified by the help of the alternate button.
Hence, by following the above steps, you can successfully insert a list into your article.