How to fix text editor problems in WordPress using IE??
The powerful and popular content management system WordPress today drives seventy three million of websites globally. It is built and designed for usability, aesthetics and web standards. Hence WordPress is a leading CMS among Drupal, Blogger and Microsoft’s Share Point. Because of such widespread usage, WordPress is an easy target for cyber assailants. Following are ten ways to tighten the security of your website,which ,if followed accurately can save you a lot of time and worry. So read through to know how to fix text editor problems in WordPress using IE.
- The right web hosting- invest in a reliable web hosting solution before creating an online presence. A dependable web host will undertake some important procedures which assist in protecting user domain and keeps user home safe in the case of a user domain crash or hacking, with the help of an effective disaster recovery mechanism.
- To acquire scheduled backups- this is an effective crisis management strategy. In case of a crash or hack, user on-premise backups helps the user to go back online in a jiffy.
- To make a strong password- this is an absolute necessity to put up an iron wall around your WordPress website. Create passwords that are hard to guess and phonetics ( use case sensitive alphabets, numbers, punctuations) . It is advisable to use different passwords on different sites, like social media accounts or e-mails.
- Limit login attempts- an extra security is provided if the add on “limit login attempts” is installed. It prevents cyber crooks from guessing WordPress passwords. It also protects users from brute force attacks (login attempts). It simply blocks the internet protocol (IP) address of any potential assailant that attempts to invade into the user admin panel of WordPress.
- Change user admin username- The wide range of applications provided by WordPress allows you to change your username by using the “Admin username changer” module. This particular module creates a new menu in user admin tab where user can make any new username.
- Keep user platform updated- A good web hosting solution keeps user platform updated by applying regular patches. In self-hosted WordPress websites, this is a must- have. WordPress core, plug-ins and themes are updated which facilitate smooth running of the website .
- Delete unused plug-ins and themes- inactive plug-ins and themes pose as a potential danger to a website. So such extensions should be removed from user WordPress database. This stops unnecessary updates.
- prevent SQL injection and URL hacking- SQL injections are when hackers embed commands either in user URL or user comment box to trigger a particular behaviour from user database. A little manipulation of user .htaccess code can protect the user from URL or SQL injections.
- Deny access to sensitive files in WordPress- WordPress contains sensitive files like wp-config.php, install.php, readme.html etc. Again, manipulation of .htaccesss can protect such files from getting defaced. In addition these codes hide sensitive WordPress and Web server files.
- change default prefix for database- Many tables on the database are labelled with a default prefix . This gives a hacker an unwanted advantage, which can be eradicated by reducing the predictability. This can be done by changing the default prefix while installing WordPress or installing “better Wp security” plug-in.