How to detect the version number of a plugin in Joomla 3?
Content Management System or a CMS is software that keeps a record of each and every piece of content available on the website. Joomla is a content management system (CMS) which is used for publishing web content and is a powerful online application. It is a free and open source content management framework which is built on a model view controller web application framework and is freely available to everyone. Here is how to detect the version number of a plugin in Joomla 3.There are several versions of Joomla:
- Joomla 1.0
- Joomla 1.5
- Joomla 1.6
- Joomla 1.7
- Joomla 2.5
- Joomla 3
- Joomla 3.5
Joomla 3 was released on 27th September, 2012.There is several new features in addition to the old features present in the older versions of Joomla.
- Mobile device friendly administrator, template and interface which is new and responsive
- Beez-3-an updated accessible template
- Twitter Bootstrap incorporated into a jui media package
- Simplified 3-step installation process
- Saving of blank articles is allowed
- Smart search is improved
- Updated system tests and unit tests in CMS
- Consistency and extensive work on css
- Feed is used for feed management
- Guest user group is present by default and new administrator statistics module is used
- Improved standardization of tables and continued clean up of older unused code
Joomla 3 can be used in various applications like newspapers, publications, online magazines, corporate websites, small business websites, school and community based portal, online reservations,E-Commerce,family WebPages and non profit organizational websites.
Let us now know how to find out the version number of plugin in Joomla 3? Before this we should know why we need to know the version number.
- In order to fix bugs, for improvements or for adding security patches joomla extensions and templates are updated and the version number will change.
Following are the ways to find out the version number
- On the Joomla 3 administrator, the extension manager tab is clicked
- A list of options in the top left hand corner appears when the extension manager opens
- Manage is chosen from list of options
- A long list of extensions will appear when the next page opens
- The search box marked with an arrow or the filter drop down lists is used to find the required plugin
- The tick box is clicked once the correct file is found
- Then scroll to the top of the window and the refresh cache button is clicked which will display the current installed version