How to Create a New Joomla 2.5 Category in Easy Steps?
In Joomla 2.5, a category is usually viewed as a folder. All related articles are placed under a common category for easy search. Visitors looking for similar articles can simply browse within the suitable folder instead of scanning the whole website. So creating organized Joomla 2.5 categories makes it easy for both the content writer as well as the viewers. Here is how to Create a New Joomla 2.5 Category in Easy Steps.
Apart from this, proper categorization of content / articles makes it easy for advertising programs like Google Adsense and Yahoo Advertising Solutions to display related ads. This blog post will assist you in creating a new category in Joomla 2.5.
Steps to Create a New Joomla 2.5 Category:
- Log in to your Joomla backend after entering the correct credentials
- From your Joomla Dashboard, access the Content section
- Hover over Category Manager, and then click Add New Category
- Enter a title for the new Joomla 2.5 category in the Title field
- Choose a Parent Category – The Parent Category field decides whether the newly created category is a parent category by itself or a subcategory of an already created category.
- If the New Category is not a Parent Category, choose Parent Category as – No Parent –
- If it is a subcategory, select the parent category from the list of already created categories
- For your convenience you can enter a small description for the newly created Joomla 2.5 category in the Description field. This is an optional field, but it is better to fill it up.
- On completion, click Save & Close to create a new Joomla 2.5 category and save the changes made.
Follow the above steps to create Joomla categories in your website. But keep in mind that, just by creating a category, it won’t show up in the menu. For that you need to index them in the Joomla Menu Manager.