How to Configure Your Magento Stores with Third Party Web Services
Magento is a versatile CMS for eCommerce websites. It allows store owners to configure Magento run stores with third party web services as well. But before integrating these services, a store owner needs to create web service and user. This tutorial will allow you how to configure Magento websites with other web services and set access for a web service user.
Steps to Create a Web Service Role in Magento Stores
- Log in to your Magento back end after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select Web Services > Roles
- Click on the Add New Role link
- Type a Roll name or API in the Role Name field
- Specify the data that this role has access to, from the Role Resource tab on the left side
Setting the Access for the Newly Created Web Service Role
- Full Access: To enable full access to customer, catalog, sales information, change the Resource Access option to All.
- Limited Access: To enable access to limited data, check the checkbox next to the resources this role will have access to.
- Specific Access: Limit the type of access to resource by specifying Update, Retrieve, Delete under each resource type.
Steps to Create a Web Service User in Magento Stores
- From the Admin Panel, select Web Services > Users
- Click on the Add New User link
- Fill up the User Name, First Name, Last Name, Email in their respective fields
- Enter the verification code or password in the API key field to gain access
- Inside the API Key Confirmation, re-type the verification code
- Assign a role to this user by selecting it from the table, from the User Role tab
- Click Save User to save the changes made
After you have created a user for web services, you can integrate third party web services with Magento.