How to Configure Checks & Money Orders in Magento Stores
Magento content management system is a flexible eCommerce CMS that allows a number of customizations to be made easily. For smooth payment of the products, Magento accepts payment by checks as well as money orders. This tutorial will cover details on how to configure Magento Checks / Money orders.
Steps to Configure Magento Checks and Money Orders
- Log in to the Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select System > Configuration
- In the Configuration Panel in the left, under Sales, click the Payment Methods tab
- Click to expand the Check / Money Order section
- Next, carryout the following steps:
- Set Enabled to Yes, to activate this payment method
- Enter an appropriate title in the Title field to identify it, during the checkout process
- Set New Order Status to Pending, so that the order which is not yet processed remains pending
- Under the Payment from Applicable Countries list, select the countries where this payment option can be used
- All Allowed Countries
- Specific Countries
- In the Make Check Payable To field, enter the name of the person to which the check will be payable
- Enter the street address where the checks will be mailed in the Send Check To field
- In Minimum Order Total and Maximum Order Total fields, specify the minimum and maximum order totals that qualify for this payment method
- Enter a value in the Sort Order field to determine the relative position of this payment method in the list of other methods.
- Upon completion, click the Save Config button to save the changes made
On successfully saving the configuration, the Checks / Money order option appears in the Payment Information section during the checkout process.