How to change the Site Language in Joomla 2.5:
Site language is the most essential part in Joomla 2.5 as it by default comes with installed English language pack. Here you can change your site language that Joomla uses. So if your site is not intend for English speaking users then you can change your language in Joomla, predefined words and predictions, such as ‘login’ and ‘you are here’, will be converted to your choice of your own language. We’ll go through and show you the detailed process on how to change language in joomla 2.5.
Procedure to change the language in Joomla 2.5:
- Visit to the Joomla Translation Packs page and download the language pack of your choice, see Screenshot.
- Select the language of your choice that you would to use and then click the link next to Download Language Packs.
- Next to the “Joomla 2.5” version of the language pack, click to download the .zip version.
- Then now login to your Joomla dashboard
- From top menu hover over to Extensions and click on Extension Manager
- Then use the Upload Package File to select the language pack that you have previously downloaded in to your computer, then click Upload and Install as shown below in Screenshot.
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and click Language Manager
- 8.Then check that the Installed –Site tab is highlighted or not ,if not then click the link to navigate to the tab .Under the default heading ,click on star icon, next to the language that you would like to use on your site see as shown below.
- Now at last your Joomla 2.5 site languages have been changed and view the new site before and then after modification.