How to Edit Joomla Articles from Frontend
We all are well aware of the systematic and hierarchical user management Joomla content management offers. But is it possible to access Joomla articles from the frontend without logging into the Joomla administrator? Yes, Joomla allows specific users to edit and delete Joomla articles from the front end itself. This tutorial will help you how you can set specific users to edit articles and posts from front end.
Steps to Allow Authors to Edit Articles from Joomla Frontend
The following steps will highlight how you can edit articles without logging into the site backend:
- Log in to your Joomla backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Joomla Administrator, click Content > Article Manager
- Click on the title of the article you wish to edit the accessing rights
- On clicking the parameters box, the Article Parameters Screen opens up
- Select an author from the Author list inside the Parameters box
- Click Save to save the changes made
The selected author can now edit the article by logging into the website’s front end as well. But to edit the post or article, the author needs to be already listed in the Joomla website’s author list.