How to Disable Editor Buttons in Joomla Website Backend
Below every Joomla article in the backend you will come across a cluster of buttons. These buttons allows you to add images (Image), read more dividers (Read More…) and page breaks (Page break). Although these buttons add functionality to Joomla articles while composing but these buttons are also available in the text editors like JCE and WYSIWYG editor.
The buttons in these editors are of more utility than those editor buttons in Joomla. So if you wish to remove these buttons from Joomla backend then this tutorial can be of much help. You can even follow a similar set of steps to add them once again.
Steps to Disable Editor Buttons in Joomla CMS
Follow the steps given below to hide or disable the editor buttons in your Joomla backend:
Fig. 1: Editor Buttons in Joomla
- Log in to your Joomla backend after entering the correct user name and password combination
- From the Joomla Administrator, click ‘Extensions’
- Then click on ‘Plugin Manager’
- You will get a list of plugins and the option to sort them. Choose ‘editors-xtd’ from the drop down menu.
Fig. 2: Editor Buttons in Joomla: Enabled
- A list of the button plugins is shown. Disable all or specific buttons by clicking green check mark.
- Click Disable button in the top right corner of the page.
Fig. 3: Editor Buttons in Joomla: Disabled
If you are unable to hide the editor buttons successfully, then carryout the above steps once again carefully or Request a Quote. Our Joomla support staff will help you in hiding the editor buttons from your Joomla website’s backend.