Difference Between Joomla Versions – Is Joomla Upgrade Necessary?
Difference Between Joomla Versions 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.0
Joomla CMS rolls out regular updates from time to time. For this reason we have different Joomla versions. The Joomla versions include Joomla 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5 and 3.0. The purpose behind these is mainly aimed at including new features and getting rid of any bugs or errors in existing versions. Some of the important difference between Joomla versions have been highlighted below.
Comparison Between Joomla versions
1. Joomla 1.5 compared to Joomla 1.6
- More refined access control layer
- Single click installation of upgrades
- Greater developer friendliness
- Easy customization of extensions
2. Joomla 1.6 compared to Joomla 1.7
- Faster release cycles
- Multi language improvements
- Assign users to user groups
3. Joomla 1.7 compared to Joomla 2.5
- 2.5 is the next long term release after 1.5
- Increase in speed
- Better user and admin management
- Improved backend interface
4. Joomla 2.5 compared to Joomla 3.0
- 3.0 is a short term Joomla release
- Mobile responsive templates
- Twitter bootstrap integration
- Responsive backend
These are some of the basic difference between Joomla versions. For complete list of difference between Joomla version, refer official Joomla site. To empower your Joomla websites and enjoy newer features, a Joomla Upgrade is necessary.