Create New Product Attribute in Magento Stores
Each product has some different characteristics which can differentiate it from other similar products in the store. So a store manager has to create new product attribute in Magento run shopping carts. This helps customers to compare related products based on these unique attributes.
Even store managers can benefit from creating new attributes for products in the online store. Managing and sorting the products becomes easier with proper defining of the attributes. So you too should create new product attribute for your Magento store.
How to Create New Product Attribute in Magento
This blog post will help you to create new product attribute in easy steps. Follow the below tutorial on creating and defining new attributes for products in Magento store.
- Log in to the backend of your Magento store
- Select Catalog > Attributes > manage Attributes
- Click ‘Add New Attribute’ to create new product attribute
- Enter a unique identifier for the attribute in ‘Attribute Code Field’
- Select Global in the ‘Scope’ list to enable this attribute for products everywhere
- Choose Input type from ‘Catalog input Type’
- Specify default value in the ‘Default Value’ field
- Select Yes or No from ‘Unique Value’ to specify whether to set unique value for attribute or not
- Mention an input value from ‘Input Validation for Store Owner’ field
- From ‘Apply to’ list, select whether the attribute is available for all or specific products
If you are unable to create new product attribute for your Magento store, then request a quote. Our team of Magento developers will provide the required assistance for creating and defining new product attributes.
Apart from Magento services, we also specialize in Magento website development and Magento extensions development. Check our Magento stores for useful extensions at affordable price. We also design and develop custom extensions for eCommerce websites.