Complex Magento run shopping carts can be made easier to navigate by the help of categories. Cleaner and more systematic navigation menus boost product sales for an online store. So store managers should focus on managing the products by creating suitable categories. These categories must be easy to browse.
This blog post will cover how you can create Magento subcategory for better navigation in Magento stores.
Steps to Create Magento Subcategory
Follow the steps on how to create Magento subcategory easily.
- Log in to the Admin Panel or your Magento Store’s Backend
- Select Catalog > Manage Categories
- Click ‘Add Subcategory’ on Categories Management Page
- Carryout the following steps:
- Enter a ‘Name’ for the field
- Set ‘IsActive’ to Yes at the bottom of the form
- Set ‘Include in Navigation Menu’ to Yes
- Type the URL of the page in the ‘URL’ field
- Click ‘Save Category’ button to save the changes made
There are a number of ways to create Magento subcategory, but the above tutorial is the most recommended method for subcategory creation in Magento.
If you are unable to create Magento subcategory, then request a quote with us. Our Magento support staff will assist you in creating subcategories for your store. We also provide Magento custom products and SEO services to our clients. Avail all our Magento services at affordable cost. Browse our Magento Stores for useful Magento extensions for your online shopping cart.