Configure Magento Catalog Search for Easy Querying
Magento content management system is an advanced eCommerce CMS. Using it you can introduce any customization you want. Here we will be dealing with one such modification – configure Magento catalog search. You can easily control and adjust the functioning of Magento search.
How to Configure Magento Catalog Search?
This blog post covers how you can configure Magento catalog search queries. Follow the steps to configure Magento catalog search easily.
- Login to your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System > Configuration
- Select Catalog in the Configuration Panel
- Click to enlarge the catalog Search section
Limit Length and Word Count of Search text by the following way:
- Minimal Query Length – Sets the minimum no. of characters that can be submitted.
- Maximum Query Length – Sets the maximum no. of characters that can be submitted.
- Maximum Query Words – Sets the maximum possible no. of words that can be submitted for a query.
- Click Save Config button to save the changes made.
You can also enable Search Suggestions and Recommended Suggestions by easy drop down menu. Select Yes to enable them inside the Configuration Panel.