How to Configure Google Analytics Account for Your Magento Store
Now Magento store managers can keep track of their online store by the help of Google Analytics insights. Google Analytics provides detailed statistics about number of visitors and other information related to the visitors such as the demographics to which they belong, how much time they spend on a particular page, bounce rates, age group of visitors etc.
By integrating and configuring your Magento store for Google Analytics, you can benefit in a number of ways. This tutorial will assist you in setting up a Google Analytics account for your website and configuring it.
Steps to Create a Google Analytics Account for Your Magento Store
- Navigate to the official Google Analytics website and Click Sign Up Now to create your account
- Create a new profile for your Magento store
- When prompted, enter the address of your online store. You can enter either of the two addresses:
- Your custom domain
- Click the Finish button at the bottom, to save your profile
- After completing the above step, a tracking code instruction page will pop up. Note down your Web Property ID.
Steps to Configure Your Magento Store For Google Analytics
- Log in to your Magento store backend after entering the correct credentials
- From the Admin Panel, select System > Configuration
- In the Configuration Panel on the left, under Sales, select the Google API tab
- Next, click to expand the Google Analytics section
- Set Enable to Yes
- In the Account Number field, enter the Web Property ID which you had noted earlier
- Click the Save Config button to save the changes made
If you are unable to integrate Google Analytics and configure it for your Magento store, then either follow the above steps carefully once again or Request a Quote with us. Our Magento team of developers will assist you in the process.