Choose Joomla Hosting Provider Correctly in Easy Steps
Joomla is an open source content management system for developing and designing websites. But inorder to successfully run a website, you need a domain name and hosting space. After installing Joomla, the next important step is to choose Joomla hosting provider.
How to Choose Joomla Hosting Provider Correctly?
This post attempts to make it simpler for beginners for choosing Joomla hosting provider. Follow the steps to choose Joomla hosting provider easily.
- Use Secure FTP – Before you choose Joomla hosting provider, insist for a secure FTP for transferring data. By this way you can prevent intruders from entering your account for username and password.
- Beware of Shared Servers – If money is the constraint or you have multiple sites hosted from a single IP then make sure your files and databases are shelled from other users.
- Avoid Bad Neighbors – Check that no spam or porn sites are hosted alongside your domain because each of them has the same IP address.
- Review & Record Logs – Make sure that your service provider keeps a record of logins made into the backend. Maintaining logs is a vital security measure to avoid hacks and malwares.
- Stay Updated – Choose Joomla hosting provider which is updated at regular intervals with latest and stable versions of Joomla. Check for updated database and scripting languages as well.
Other than these points also consider the services and offer plans provided before you choose Joomla hosting provider. In our next blog post we will provide a list of popular Joomla hosting service providers to choose from.