Joomla is one of the best CMS over the Internet. Smooth functional websites can be developed and designed using it. But there may be times why you may need a Joomla site transfer. It may be due to any of the following reasons:
- Better hosting options at affordable cost
- Slow servers
- Security of the website is compromised
- Inefficient services of the present hosting company
Under such circumstances, one may need to change the web host. They also have to change the Joomla database name as well.
How to Change Joomla Database Name?
This tutorial covers how you can change the Joomla database name correctly without loss of data.
- Go to the root directory of your Joomla installation folder.
- Open the configuration.php file
- Search for the line, var $db = ‘old-database’
- Replace it with var $db = ‘new-database’
This way you can easily change Joomla database name. In case you face any difficulty or don’t want to risk it then request a quote. Our experienced team of professional will do the necessary changes for you effectively.