An extension is something that extends the base functionality of Joomla. The plugins, modules, and components are all referred to as extensions for Joomla.You may install and test several extensions in Joomla before you find the best one for your website if you’re like most of us.
There are many times when you may want to insert a module into a content item in Joomla. This is a common desire with aesthetic modules such as AnyCode or MoeScroll. The ability to put the contents of a module right into the body of an article is one of the handiest tools you can have in your Joomla toolbox. Here is how to put a module inside an article in Joomla.Continue Reading –
Joomla provides an extremely wide and various range of options for creating different types of content and for structuring it on your website. Here we will describe how to create a simple article page and display it in the menu of your Joomla website. Read through to know how can you create an article page in Joomla. Below are the steps required to create an article page
- Login to your website and click on “Submit an Article” in the user menu of the front end.
- Title your article in the text field labelled title.
- Then add images to your document. You can upload your own image, can select previously uploaded pictures, or give a direct URL to an image.
- Pagebreaks make a table of contents for your article. So add pagebreaks to your article.
- Then add a readmore tag to your article.
- Type your article in the large text field.
- Click on the save button to create the article by return to the top of the page. Clicking on cancel will take you back to the homepage without saving.
Basically, the content for most of your standard pages that consist of images, text and hyperlink will be created in the Article Manager, and it can be accessed through the Content menu item in your Joomla 3 admin page
New articles can be added using either the Article Manager Screen in the Administrator back-end or the Add Article button.
- Log in to the Administrator back-end.
- Then, either
- Click on the Add New Article button to open the New Article screen in the main Control Panel or,
- Click the Content → Article Manager → New Article menu item to go to the Article Manager and then click the new toolbar button.
- The New Article screen contains options for editing content, categorising and naming the article and selecting parameters.
- Enter a title in the Title field which is used when the article title is displayed.
- Enter an alias in the Alias field. The alias is important for the Search Engine Friendly Address features in Joomla and is used to refer to the title. If you do not enter anything, Joomla will automatically generate it for you.
- Select a Category using the drop down menus.
- By using the Published drop down menu choose whether the article is published or not.
- By using the Featured drop down menu choose whether the article will be displayed on the home page.
- Now enter your content by using the editor in the New Article screen.
- You can also choose Parameters for the article by clicking on each section to view the parameters and change the settings to suit your needs and requirements.
- Click the Save toolbar button to save your article.
- The Save & Close toolbar button will save your changes and Ω≈Ωreturn you to the Article Manager screen.
- The Save button will only save your changes but leave you in the Article Edit screen
- You will see a blue message indicating successfully saved changes to Article
- If you have not completed the Section, Article Title, or Category fields, you will see an error message indicating this.
An important aspect of social networking is providing links to other web pages. A link to a page outside of your website is called an external link and a link to another page in your website is called an internal link. Links also serve many other purposes. An important way to increase your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ranking is by providing as many links to high traffic websites as possible.Continue Reading –
The Joomla menu functionality allows you to create pages that groups multiple content based on similar properties. Featured articles in Joomla are articles that show up on your Joomla front page. For example, if you want to have a blog section on your website and you want to have all articles from your blog category displayed in it.Continue Reading –
Magento’s session goes the same way at the underlying as other programming framework. Main concept of session is to store Data and used whenever required. It is always kept in one of the four storage infrastructures, consisting of Database, Filesystem, Memcache and tmpfs-backed Filesystem, which can easily be chosen during installation phase and is not cared by developers as well as end-users.Continue Reading –
One important feature that Magento is missing is the ability for admin user to login as customer. However there is no important reason why such feature would be required since admin users can change customer info from the admin area and can create orders from admin area for customers.Continue Reading –