Add Social Media Buttons in Magento Websites
Going social on the Internet is the latest trend and everyone is catching up with it. Social network sharing’s and promotions not only boosts traffic but also improves ROI of eCommerce websites. It is also the best way to bring new customers to an online store and engage existing customers.
But with the rapid increase in the number of social networks and social sharing sites, it becomes difficult for a store manager to spare time for individual sharing.
So by adding social media buttons, now they can share each product or page in multiple sites in a fraction of minute. This justifies the need to add social media buttons in Magento websites.
Here we will be discussing on how to add social media buttons in your Magento store easily. Primarily, this tutorial will cover two most important steps to setup and add social media buttons in Magento shopping cart.
- Creation of a Static Magento Block
- Customizing the Frontend App
How to Create a Static Block to Add Social Media Buttons
- Login to the Admin Panel and Select CMS > Static Blocks
- Click [+Add New Block] from Static Blocks Management Page
- Define the required fields – Block Title, Identifier, Store View, Status
- Click Show / Hide Editor to disable WYSIWYG mode
- Paste the code that will embed the code in the ‘Content’ section
- Click ‘Save Block’ to save the changes made
How to Customize Frontend App to Add Social Media Buttons
- Select CMS > Frontend Apps from the Admin Panel
- Click [+Add New Frontend App] from Manage Frontend App Instances Page
- Select ‘CMS Static Block’ in the Settings
- Click the ‘Continue’ button
- Define the required fields – Frontend App Title, Store Views, Sort Order
- Click ‘Add Layout Update’ and Set ‘Display On’ for all products
- Set ‘Block Reference’ to Product View Extra Hint
- Click ‘Frontend App Options’ in left side panel
- Click ‘Select Block’ to choose the block we just created above to add social media buttons
- Click ‘Save’ to save the changes made
In the ‘Display On’ field, you can even show the social media icons for specific pages and product types as well. This is the most convenient and recommended way to add social media buttons in your Magento run website.
If you are unsuccessful in adding the social buttons, then follow the above steps again. You may also Request a Quote with us. Our Magento team will assist you in adding social media icons for you.
For easy implementation check our Magento store for more useful extensions. We accept requests for custom Magento extension development as well.