Add New WordPress Theme using Admin Panel/ cPanel /Manually
WordPress offers a number of ways to change the theme of blogs and websites. By changing the theme, a site owner can alter the entire look and feel of the website in seconds. This tutorial will cover the different ways to add new WordPress themes easily.
Add New WordPress Theme using Admin Panel
WordPress offers easy to follow features to add new WordPress themes. You can download and use the theme directly in your blog or website from the admin panel. The following steps will help you to add new WordPress theme in a hassle free way.
- Log in to the WordPress Admin Panel after entering the proper credentials.
- Go to Appearance >> Themes in the left column in Admin Panel
- Select ‘Install Themes’
- Use the search filter or the sub menu options to locate a theme.
- Click ‘Upload’ in sub menu option to upload a zipped copy of theme from your computer
Add New WordPress Theme using cPanel
If you have access to your cPanel, then you can also add new WordPress theme in a secure and error free way. Installing WordPress themes using cPanel is a recommended way to add themes because in case of any error, rollback is easier.
- Download the theme in zip format to your computer
- Log in to your cPanel after entering the correct credentials
- Go to File Manager in your cPanel and navigate to your themes folder
- Check where WordPress is installed – in root folder or in new folder
- Navigate to the folder where WordPress is installed:
- Root Folder: Navigate to ‘public_html/wp-content/themes’
- New Folder (say, WordPress): Navigate to ‘public_html/wordpress/wp-content/themes’
- Next in your cPanel file manager, click ‘Upload’ to upload the theme in zip format.
- After uploading the theme, select on the zip file and click ‘Extract’
Add New WordPress Theme Manually using FTP
If you are uncomfortable with any of the above methods then you can prefer adding new WordPress themes manually. You can make use of any FTP like FileZilla for WordPress theme installation in your blog or website.
- Download the Theme file and ‘Extract’ its content
- Access your host web server using an FTP client
- Create a directory to save your theme in ‘wp-content/themes’ directory provided by WordPress.
- Upload the theme files to the new directory on your host server.
WordPress Theme Installation Services
If you own a WordPress run blog or website and are looking forward to change your theme safely, then you are free to use any of the above methods, as per your convenience.
But if you are unable to upload new themes then you can Request a Quote with us. Our team of support staff will be in touch with you and assist you to add new WordPress theme.
We also offer other WordPress services like PSD to WordPress Conversion, HTML to WordPress Template Conversion, WordPress SEO, WordPress Theme Development, WordPress plugin development and WordPress Installation services. Contact usfor any WordPress related queries and services.