While WordPress offers many features and flexibility, there is still missing lots of functionality from the core software. The ideal approach to fill in the missing pieces is to get yourself using the right plugins. WordPress plugins are great tools for adding and extending functionality to WordPress. Although the niche of your website determines what plugins you should have on your website, there are some plugins that every website owner need to install in their WordPress. By using the plugins on the site, you not only get more features but also get more traffic.
The right WordPress plugins can make a significant difference in your digital marketing campaign and also give impact in online presence in the search engine.
Plugins help you to optimise your website for search engines, protect it against spammers, and improve the user experience.
The brilliant ecosystem that has developed around WordPress is even more amazing. Thousands of people have created millions of plugins to extend WordPress and help people to build the website
Also, you will find multiple plugins for the same features. All you need to do is to choose the best one for yourself that suits your site and install the plugins that can help you to grow your online business. Some essential plugins are discussed below.
Jetpack By WordPress
Table of Contents
Jetpack has over four-million active installs, but many WordPress users still don’t understand what it does or how they can use it to improve their websites. As the name suggests, it offers a pack of excellent features for your website to fly high and make it a success. Jetpack is the ultimate tool for your WordPress website.
- Jetpack takes care of your site security, website performance, traffic growth, image optimisation, website appearance.
- The tool helps you design your website, track statistics, improve social sharing, and prevent attacks.
- It has advanced features like spam protection, daily backups, and SEO tools with one of their simple and affordable plans.
It enhanced distribution which automatically shares your published content to third-party services like search engines and helps to increase your reach and traffic. Jetpack has a sort one-and-done idea that it is built on.
Akismet is another plugin developed by Matt and his team at Automaticc. It is one of the default plugins of WordPress that comes with every new WordPress core installation. It is an anti-spam plugin which checks all comments and filters out the spammy comments.
- The plugin provides a status history for each comment so that you can learn which comments were found spammy by Akismet or the moderator.
- Moderators also can view the number of approved comments for each user, see the URLs in the comment body and remove the suspicious links.
As soon as your WordPress website goes live, you can expect spam comments getting to your site. And if it is not deal with properly, you risk losing readers and potentially damaging your brand.
Search engines are now the primary source of traffic for every website. The number of internet users using search engines is increasing steadily and making the importance of Search Engine Optimization more relevant than ever. There is a great plugin available, like Yoast SEO for WordPress users. Website owner wants their website to rank higher on search engines. With the help of the Yoast SEO plugin, on-page SEO efforts become easier.
- Yoast SEO guides you all the way to create better content and improve your ranking on search results.
- It focuses on creating the content which is useful to the users as well as technically SEO friendly.
- Its goal is to help the users, gain trust and sustain the rankings which they call sustainable SEO.
Google XML Sitemap
For indexing your site in search engines, Google XML Sitemaps is another handy SEO plugin for WordPress. By creating an XML sitemap, your website is quite easier for Google to crawl, read and index, thus helping your website rank higher. That is why you need to install the Google XML Sitemaps plugin.
- The plugin helps the search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. to better index your site with a special XML sitemap.
- A sitemap allows the search engine crawlers to view the complete structure of your website and retrieve the results more efficiently.
Google XML Sitemaps allows you to notify search engines about changes to your sitemap. Without a sitemap, your ranking will suffer, and the information search engines display might become outdated.
WooCommerce is one of the best WordPress plugins for adding anything to sell on your website. It can be effective if you want to create an online store. WooCommerce is the WordPress blog plugin that overturns eCommerce plugins for WordPress.
- WooCommerce has a lot of features to help you grow your website with the help of an online store.
- You can provide your customers with multiple options through your online store as well as it is quite sure that you will need to sell something on your website sooner or later. Hence there are extendable shipping options available with WooCommerce.
- It includes free shipping, local pickups, flat rates.
W3 Total Cache
WordPress caching is one of the best ways to improve website performance. The primary purpose of caching is storing the website data temporarily in the cache so that it loads faster the next time the user opens the same page. W3 Total Cache WordPress plugin is one of the most popular plugins and the best caching plugin for WordPress.
- W3 Total Cache fetch page cache, database caching, object caching, browser caching and a lot more.
- It lets you integrate CDN services to reduce page load time.
- W3 Total Cache has options to magnify and HTTP compression of the HTML, JS, and CSS files so that you can save bandwidth up to 80%.
Mail Chimp is one of the most popular email marketing plugins to manage subscribers, send emails and track results in bulk. It is a great marketing tool for business owners and webmasters. It is a free plugin which allows you to add subscription in your WordPress.
- The plugin lets you create a form to add more subscribers to your email list.
- You can easily integrate the plugin with any other form on your websites like contact form, comment or checkout form. Mail chimp supports all the dominant form plugins like Contact Form, Woo Commerce, etc.
- It brings your audience data, marketing channels, and insights together to reach your goals faster.
- With Mail chimp, we can see what messaging worked for email, what worked for ads, and very easily apply those leanings because everything is in one place.
One of the easiest ways for people to contact you on your website is a contact form. You can use WP Forms to make sure that you have an efficient, user-friendly way for visitors to get in touch. WP Forms plugin is user-friendly and yet powerful in features. The forms come with the simple format itself to your theme. This plugin is also responsive and mobile-friendly by default.
- This plugin has easy drag & drop WordPress form builder allows you to create contact forms, online surveys, order forms and other WordPress forms in just a few minutes without writing any code.
- It comes with pre-built WordPress form templates that can be easily customized, so you don’t ever have to start from excise unless you want to.
- WP Forms allows all the Fields & Features that You Need to Succeed.
- The plugin is easy to customize and adapt to your needs.
Elementor Page Builder
Elementor Page Builder is an exclusive tool that lets you create a responsive website in a whole new and visual way. This plugin allows you to build your pages with sections, modules, and widgets. Elementor plugin gives you complete control over every element on your page, and the best part is it’s free.
- The speed of Elementor is not matched by any other page builder. This makes the interface easy to work with, as well as reduces the time it takes to design.
- In Elementor page builder, you edit the page and simultaneously see exactly how it looks like. Elementor features live design & inline editing, so the whole process of writing and designing is done directly on the page, with no need to press update or go to preview mode.
- Design your entire page in the page builder (no header, no footer, just Elementor).
We believe that it is easy to double your traffic and sales when you know exactly how people find and use your website. Monster Insights plugin shows you the stats that matter so that you can grow your business with confidence.
In Monster Insights, we make it effortless to connect your WordPress site with Google Analytics correctly, so you can start making data-analytics decisions to grow your business.
- Audience report helps you to know about your visitors in a whole new way.
- The content report shows you stats on exactly which content gets the most visits so that you can stop guessing and start creating content that gets more traffic and conversion.
There are thousands of WordPress plugins available, and it is difficult to ignore the tremendous shining plugin that claims to change your WordPress. Choose essential plugins which take your focus where it should be towards your audience. And whether you need to optimize your site for search engines or improve the user experience, WordPress plugins are vital.